Sunday, December 27, 2009

Books !

I'm back from a long exile, o books !

Reading is one of the most relaxing things ever. I've missed it thoroughly, been ashamed of going from 2-3 books a week to struggling through 1 for 2-3 months. I guess I have a new years' resolution taking shape... And three books down already this month (i.e. December) is making me feel proud of myself. I'm growing again.

Books I've been absorbed nose-first in:

~ Outliers, Malcom Gladwell
~ Smoke and Mirrors, Neil Gaiman
~ A Thousand Splendid Suns, Khaled Hosseini

~ And now - Multiple City; writings on Bangalore, edited by Aditi De. Something close to the heart :) (thanks for the gift!)

Perfect formula for the perfect long winter weekends - warm sweater, chai, bean bag, balcony and a book. If your dog's with you, have your feet tucked under his curled-up form (or have your cat snoozing on your lap) and keep the soft music playing in the background. Not kidding, you'll feel the tensions melt away as you're transported to different worlds by the words in them pages :)

No comments:

 
Support Wikipedia