Thursday, July 14, 2011

Disconnected?

Someone I was having dinner with today, and was also away from home and in California and had been away for a week asked me how long I was going to be here. When I said until September, she gasped and said - OMG, I would hate to be you! Don't you miss home? I've been here for just a week, and I already want to go back!

I had to think about that one. I'd have to say no... I don't.

What I mean is, I miss my family, my dog, the boy, my friends and everyone back in India, sure. But... I also feel so disconnected, like I could be anywhere alone. For the social creature that I am, it's saying something. I guess I'm just that comfortable anywhere, and I'd probably much rather have company I want to have, no matter where it is.

But I can wear any skin and call it mine. Some people call it confused. I call it versatile. It's not that I don't care... it's simply that I can just be.

2 comments:

Black Swan said...

Versatile, flexible, comfortable. Fixed people can't understand mutability and label the others 'confused.'

Its quite something, to be able to do that, be anywhere. :)

Envie said...

:)

 
Support Wikipedia