Friday, March 6, 2009

A holiday in pure beauty

Have you ever seen.
Such a blueness of sky. Such a clearness of water.
Heard.
Such a sharpness of bird calls; found such precision in a blue crab's leg from a green shell.
Felt.
Coolness of water, reflecting the sunlight in each wind induced wave. Seen intricacy in the veins of leaves, discipline in the swimming of fish.
Touched the fineness of the soft white sand, cushions under your soles.

Think of how small you are, how inconsequential. Not half as beautiful, the man made world, not half as peaceful and happy.

I want to melt... into the log I lay on, soaking in the warmth and the sounds around me. I want to sink into the sand, into granules just as fine, and dissolve into the water, all consuming. I want to leave no footprints, no sign that I existed in this beautiful world, too beautiful to be spoiled, by me or my kind.

No comments:

 
Support Wikipedia